We just returned from a weekend in Kentucky and had a blast going to Derby events.
We spent the day on Friday at The Oaks at Churchill Downs.
The entire event was dedicated to Susan G. Komen in honor of breast cancer awareness. It was so great to see so much pink!
Darren had a pretty lucky day and won two Trifecta boxes!
Here he is, studying his choices.
I had an extremely good day choosing the winning horses, although the only bummer was when I went to cash in my tickets, I never won more than $2.50 because of the piddly amounts I would bet, or each horse having too good of odds. Darren's friend Tim put it best, I wasn't gambling for money that day, more for self esteem!
My college roomie and new Louisville native, Shelly. Sorry, Shel, my big hat is covering up the beautiful feathers in your hair!
25 Weeks and feeling great! No Mint Julips for me!
It was pouring rain on Saturday for the Kentucky Derby, although Churchill Downs still managed to pack the stands. We stayed inside all day and continued the Derby festivities at Shelly & Rick, and Steve & Barb Plenge's Derby parties.
1 comment:
You look marvelous! WOW~ I love all the pics and the weather looked beautiful. I'm so glad you were able to go. We love you~
Post a Comment