Saturday, March 13, 2010

What to expect when expecting...

Here is a update on how the whole pregnancy is going so far... credit to Sarah Shinaberry, who is 6 weeks ahead of me for this!


How far along?
18 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss:
5 lbs and counting!
Maternity Clothes?
Not yet, but if I'm not wearing a suit during the day, I like to be in my sweats! I only have 3 suit pants that fit comfortably, pretty sure my counterparts at work are starting to catch on to my limited wardrobe.
Stretch Marks?
No... but I did have a scare last weekend. I swore they were all over the left side of my stomach, but they disappeared the next day! Pretty sure they were scratches of some sort, most likely from my pants getting too tight!
Sleep?
Pretty good so far, but I'm still falling asleep around 9pm and not ever getting to a deep sleep.
Best moment this week:
Pretty sure I've felt the baby kick.. still not 100% sure though!
Movement?
Possible, at least whatever is happening down there, I like to think it's the baby kicking!
Food Cravings:
1st Trimester was fruit. I would eat a few bowls a day.
2nd Trimester is Breakfast for all meals of the day... Pancakes and eggs!
Darren has been nice enough to go along with these cravings, but had a breakdown last week and asked for "real" food again!
Gender:
Pretty confident it's going to be a girl...we will find out within 48 hours!
Belly Button in or out?
In... that question sounds so weird to me. I'm bracing myself for the crazy and strange things to come!
What I miss:
A glass of wine with Darren in the evening, and staying up past 9 p.m.
What I am looking forward to:
Feeling the baby kick, and knowing exactly that is what is happening.
I may regret saying this in a few weeks, but actually looking pregnant! I've been feeling so good lately, that I sometimes forget and it will feel a little more "real".
And of course, finding out if we are expecting a son or daughter to be in our lives in just a few months!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen, you are so cute! Are you going to share what you are having? I hope so! And when I first felt the baby moving, it felt like muscle twitches. And the big pregnant belly is not all it's cracked up to be! I can't breathe lately and feel like I look yucky. But it will be all worth it! Good luck on Monday and hope you will share the news!

Sarah said...

Wow, Jen you treated yourself to fruit during your pregnancy...I am so happy for you. HAHA (this is Cam)